Is There a MyBikeInfo Application for Apple Computers?
We received this question from an MyBikeInfo user this morning, and the answer is: “kinda.”
Here’s Why We Say “Kinda”
We developed MyBikeInfo as a tool for storing and having with you all of the relevant bits of data, including photographs, of any number of bicycles. [Yikes, I have five bikes and two motorcycles, and the data is all in there.]
With that in mind, we developed the application to use the mobile device itself as the data input tool. You can do this with your iPhone, iPod Touch, or iPod. Note: We have not yet optimized the app for the iPad, but it works just fine 2x mode.
To pull your data into your Mac, just follow this sequence:
- Open the MyBikeInfo app
- Select the image of the bike in question on the MyBikeInfo main page
- When that screen opens click on the blue “Export” button in the top right corner
- Enter the email address of the sender and receiver in the fields
- Press send, and a moment later you will have a “CSV” file in your inbox that you can open in Microsoft Excel, Numbers, or other spreadsheet program.
- Save the data on your Mac
At Present, There is No Upload from Your Computer to MyBikeInfo
The MyBikeInfo application currently has capability to upload data from a computer to the MyBikeInfo. We have only received one request for that capability from the just over 1,000 users, so we have that functionality in our file but not on the development roadmap.
Have You Noticed the RSS Feed Link at the Bottom?
In case you haven’t noticed, clicking the “RSS News” icon at the bottom of the screen brings up a bunch of pre-programmed information links you can access right from the app.
Keep Sending us your feed back. Safe and fun riding. The MyBikeInfo team.